I finally got round to making an epsom salt scrub! I’ve been eyeing up the ingredients in my bathroom and but just haven’t found the time.
So here it is, I thought I’d share it with you as it’s a fantastic addition to your shower or bath.
It leaves your skin silky smooth, as well as being rich in oils and magnesium for total relaxation and skin hydration.
Not many ingredients included, but blooming good ones;
🌸 200ml of shea butter
🌸 75ml of olive oil (or coconut oil)
🌸 25ml of argan oil (optional)
🌸Drops of essential oils; 4 x rose otto, 4 x lavender, 2 x grapefruit, 2 x rosemary
🌸 1 cup of epsom salts
🌸Dried lavender & rose petals for extra scrub & scent
- Gently melt the shea butter in a bain marie (bowl over boiling water), do not let the oil boil
- Once melted take bowl off the heat and let it cool, but not set
- Poor into a sterilised air tight container eg. flip top kilner jar
- Add additional oils and essential oils
- Add epsom salts and stir
- Add the dried flowers
- Continue to stir intermittently as the oil begins to set so as not to let the salts sit at the bottom.
*be careful when getting out of the shower or bath though, the oils may leave your tub a little slippery!*